Just a few pictures from my trip to the mid-west. I didn't really get any awe inspiring scenic pictures on this trip, but I have plenty of just ordinary pictures to do scrapbook pages with. Our first sight seeing stop was in St Louis, where we stopped to see the Gateway Arch.
Gateway Arch in St Louis, Missouri We rode to the top of this in a tiny little 'pod" on the inside of the arch. At the very top (630 ft) there were windows with some awesome views of the St Louis area.
This is a view of St Louis taken from the top of the arch.
This is from the Indy 500. It was really hard to get good pictures of cars whizzing by at over 200 mph. I think this picture was when they were running under a yellow flag so they were going just a bit slower. We were sitting on the straight away just after the 4th corner and before the start/finish line. It turned out to be a great place because 6 out of the 8 wrecks happened in our viewing area.
1 comment:
Great St. Louis photos--my old stomping grounds...
Post a Comment