Wednesday, June 18, 2014

The California Saga.....an update and a bit more to the story.........

Starting at the beginning.......... We started on our trip to California for a family wedding on Thursday, May 22. We arrived that night and within a couple hours of our arrival I was experiencing extreme leg pain. Ended up in the emergency room...after a night of tests it was determined that I had blocked arteries...that was the leg part...while running all the tests they discovered that I had a blocked artery in my neck that was in danger of causing a stroke. So, first operation was to take of the neck problem. That went well. 

Next operation for the leg problem was scheduled.....started out well enough I guess...but...there ended up being some extreme blood loss, a collapsed lung and I woke up with huge breathing tube stuck down my throat...yuk!  That was about the worst thing ever!!!   But.... then they decided I had suffered a heart attack either during or after the surgery....so...it was back to surgery to put in a stint in for that issue. 

Whew! I was in the hospital for two weeks. Thank goodness for awesome relatives - my cousin Marleen and her family have been taking care of me for the last two weeks since I got out of the hospital.   I can't begin to thank them enough for all they've done!!!   The Dr says I am doing very well......there's not a lot of pain, just a bit uncomfortable at times but my energy level is about 0 and I'm moving really, really slow (but I'm moving) .....the Dr says it will take 6 -8 weeks for the energy to return so I'm not be impatient  Some days I feel better than others, but I'm alive and doing pretty well and getting impatient to return home. 

I have my plane ticket now and if all goes well will be returning home on Sunday.  

Thank you all for the get well wishes,comments and prayers. Love to you all!!!

15 comments:

Claudia said...

How grateful we, your faithful followers, are to know that you are on the mend and will return home soon. Prayers for your continued recovery continue unabated.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Oh goodness...so glad to hear from you. I was thinking of you today and wondered......how you were doing. Take card of your self as you make the trip back to CO...praying for you.

AnitaR said...

So glad you are on the road to recovery, hopefully a thorough, complete recovery.

Brenda in IN said...

I'm so glad you made it through all of that and you're on the mend. It does take time and patience. Don't overdo and rest a lot. It will be nice to be back in your own home. We've missed you and I'm happy you did the update. I've been worried about you. Take good care of yourself.

Shirley said...

my prayers and thoughts are with you. You truly have been through an ordeal. Family means a lot and it sounds like your family is a bouquet of wonderfulness. Take care of yourself..

rubbergranny said...

Now that you have posted I feel like you must be doing much better and am confident you will be back home soon. Whew! This was definitely no good but glad you are all fixed up. You've been in my thoughts.

Darla said...

Wow Becky . . . so glad to see you posted! You have been on my mind a lot. Glad to hear you are on the mend finally! Go at your own pace and take your time getting back to normal. I'm glad you had family in CA to take care of you!! Hugs, Darla Volgamore

JeanO said...

Oh my goodness! I have been wondering about you. Wishing you a speedy recovery and if I can do anything for you, let me know.
Hugs,
Jeannie

JeanO said...

Oh my goodness! I have been wondering about you. Wishing you a speedy recovery and if I can do anything for you, let me know.
Hugs,
Jeannie

Anonymous said...

You don't know me but I feel like I know you and I'm so very happy you're doing ok. I have checked your blog every day for an update and was so worried about you! Take your time getting well and know that there are a lot of people who care about you. You're in my heart.
KarenZ

Anonymous said...

What a joyful but tiring day Sunday will be. There's just no place like home. Please pamper yourself and listen to your body. It's liable to speak frequently until you are once again rested, healed and adjusted to the higher altitude.

You've been sorely missed and all of us are eager for your daily posts to resume!


Follower From Virginia said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery!! Love your blog!

kelley likes said...

Most awesome news Becky! I'm so glad that everything turned out okay. :D Tears of joy!!
Just from your blog, I feel that we are friends and I enjoy your inspiration everyday. Even though they don't say it always, I know you make a lot of people happy!! :D Safe travels home Becky! :D Hope you're up to your new self in no time!

Anonymous said...

I've been checking regularly to see how things are. Thank goodness you're up & about, slow but sure. All good things take time and wish you a speedy recovery. Look forward to seeing your creations soon. Greetings from Hannover, Germany. Monique

. . . it is time . . . said...

Sending well wishes for a safe and progressive recovery from Brisbane, Australia.